GO TO SMOKEFREEMOVIES www.smokefreemovies.ucsf.edu, GO TO FRICTION TV www.friction.tv/index.php?vid=1127,

Tuesday 8 January 2008

Suprise Meeting with the Rt. Hon. Frank Dobson M.P. (on Oxford St. 22 December)

Surprise Surprise who should I see walking towards me on Oxford Street but Frank Dobson ex Health Minister and previous candidate for the Mayor of London. We greeted and shook hands (we know each other via various clashes at labour party conferences over the past 20 years)


I told him that I’d had an interesting few months taking out a High Court Action against the Attorney General, Tessa Jowell and the Met. Police commissioner (see previous blogg - Injunction to Stop Onscreen Smoking- wed. 20th June 2007) regarding actors smoking in films enticing children into a holocaust and that the root cause of the ongoing tobacco holocaust was political corruption and corporate crime and that I had quoted his speeches in the action-1998 "We will ban tobacco advertising it will cover all forms including sponsorship" also-Every child will benefit, especially those in deprived areas from labours ban on tobacco advertising".


Back in 1997 when Mr Dobson was Health Minister Tessa Jowell was Public Health Minister – they were both mixed up in the Bernie Eccleston Affair which was instrumental in destroying EC directive 98/43/EC (which would have forced a blanket ban on tobacco advertising and promotion throughout Europe.)


I also mentioned that I had used the 2002 Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Act in the High Court Action (which he had also been involved with), and that the Act did not do what it promised to do – it had omitted actors smoking in films which is the main reason why children start to smoke.


Mr Dobson said that there was not a lot of smoking in new films, I said that the website smokefreemovies would contradict that, he was trying to get away from me, I said "You don’t care do you." he replied "No" and went into a shop, I said in a loud voice "Mr Dobson you’re a politician and you don’t care that one billion people will be killed by smoking this century" he did not reply and I left the shop.

No comments: